Looks at the calendar … that can’t be right. Checks three other calendars and asks my child as he wanders past the study. All confirm it is the 17th of August, and I officially have no idea where the month of July disappeared to.
The little bit of a giggle I managed to write, before chucking all the angst at them again.
Danni glanced down at her feet, then sideways at him, “Given how often you lose your keys, I’m not sure having a pair of these boots will save you that much time.”
“You mean to tell me you wouldn’t share your allen key? I’m hurt.”
Danni looked at wes, trying not to grin as she said, “Four words Wes.” She pointed to the right side of the rink. “Woman’s locker rooms.” and then to the left and added, “Men’s locker rooms.”
“That’s six words, and I also note you haven’t said no.”
Current Word count for DG & OWIS – 52,789
My plans for August are a little all over the place at the moment. Trying to get back into the routine of working full time and not having my brain turn to mush by the end of the day, so I can get some writing done.
- Doing two writing courses this month to improve my knowledge of the art of writing.
- My montly word count has been revised to to 17,000. Trying not to stress myself out too much.
- I have a weekend getaway planned with a few of the Pingwing Inklings. We are all determined to write, and NOT get distracted by the great company, food, wine… will let you know how that goes.
- Beta reading a short that I have been neglecting for a month … Sorry Joy
- Reading, The Theater of Nok-Mondu & Tim Te Maro and the Subterranean Heartsick Blues and trying to get my TBR pile under control … laughs hysterically
Each month I will try to boost some completed projects by Friends.
Go check out these guys 🙂 … Links below
The Theater of Nok-Mondu: Science Fiction and Fantasy Anthology –
Contains Stories by Sage Wolfsong, Davene Le Grange and others.
Davene also has a story in:
Neon Digital Darkness
I am slowly updating the website with new products – check out my store for available products.
Off to get some words down before August decides to disappear on me as well.